Between 1949 and 1953 he attends Raúl Podestá’s atelier, a traditional painter and sculptor. In 1957 he starts to exhibit in art salons throughout Buenos Aires, Rosario and Santa Fe. The following year he exhibits at the Huemul Gallery together with Emilio Schiavo. He takes part in the Movimiento Informalista presentations in 1959.
In 1960 he moves to New York where he stays until 1973. He then moves to London, and finally settles down in Paris in 1977. In 1960 he is granted a scholarship by the Unión Panamericana, to study engraving techniques at the Pratt Graphic Art Center in New York. He obtains an honorable mention at the VIII Bienal de San Pablo, in 1965 and the first prize for paintings at the Festival de Arte de Cali, Colombia, in 1968. He is awarded the Guggenheim Scholarship in 1971 and in 1985 he is distinguished by the Academia Nacional de Bellas Artes with the Premio Palanza Award. In 1987 he wins the Gran Premio de Honor of the Salón Nacional de Artes Plásticas and in 1994, the Fortabat Foundation in Paris, gives him the first prize for ex aequo together with Jack Vanarsky.