He resides in Argentina as of the age of five months. He is a graduate of the School of Architecture at the Universidad de Buenos Aires. He holds his first individual exhibition in 1952. In 1956 he exhibits his paintings in black and white; a year later he takes part in the Siete pintores abstractos (Seven Abstract Painters) exhibition, to later exhibit with the Boa group. In 1959 his work acquires a definitely Informalist character.
In 1960 he joins the Grupo de los cinco (Group of five) exhibition together with Fernández Muro, Sarah Grilo, Kasuya Sakai and Miguel Ocampo at the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes. That same year he takes part in the Primera Exposición Internacional de Arte Moderno, at the Museo de Arte Moderno de Buenos Aires and 150 años de arte argentino, at the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes.
In 1961 he gets the Premio Nacional de Pintura del Instituto Di Tella, whose judges were Giulio Carlo Argan and Jorge Romero Brest. In 1965 he wins the Premio Arte de América Award at the Bienal IKA, in Córdoba.
In 1962 he wins the bid to build the Biblioteca Nacional de Buenos Aires (National Library of Buenos Aires) together with architects Bullrich and Cazaniga. Other of his architectural work includes: the Santa Rosa Civic Center, ex Banco de Londres y América del Sud, Balneario La Perla, Buenos Aires Design Center and Centro Comunitario de la Sociedad Hebraica Argentina. In 1971 he takes part in the Arte de sistemas (Systems Art) exhibition at the Museo de Arte Moderno de Buenos Aires, marking his beginnings in conceptual art.
As of 1975 he joins the Grupo CAYC, with which he obtains the Gran Premio de la Bienal de San Pablo Award, in 1977. The Museo de Arte Moderno de Buenos Aires holds a retrospective exhibition of his work in October, 1994.The Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes de Buenos Aires holds the Clorindo Testa. Pintor y arquitecto exhibition in 1999.